The Samsung Galaxy A8 is here, and courtesy of GSMArena, we go in full hands-on mode to provide you with all you need to know about the latest Samsung device and why we think this latest Samsung device is the perfect business phone.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 is the latest mid-to-high end smartphone from the South Korean firm, sliding in below the flagship S series and offering a strong camera experience and large, colorful display.
Launched just before CES 2018, but shown off for the first time at the show, it features a 5.6-inch, full HD Super AMOLED display, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, 16MP rear camera, dual front cameras and a 3,000mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy A8 at a glance
- Body: Aluminum frame, glass front and back; IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
- Display: 5.6″ Super AMOLED display, FullHD+ 2,220×1,080 resolution Infinity display (18.5:9 aspect ratio), 441ppi pixel density; Always On Display.
- Rear camera: 16MP, f/1.7 aperture. Phase detection autofocus. 1080p/30fps video recording.
- Front cameras: Primary: 16MP, f/1.9 aperture. Secondary: 8MP, f/1.9 aperture. Fixed focus. Selective focus (portrait mode). 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat; Samsung Experience 8.5 custom overlay.
- Chipset: Exynos 7885: octa-core CPU (2×2.2GHz Cortex-A73 + 6×1.6GHz Cortex-A53), Mali-G71 GPU.
- Memory: 4GB of RAM; 32/64GB storage; dedicated microSD slot for expansion.
- Battery: 3,000 mAh Li-Po (sealed); fast charging.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM; LTE Cat. 11 (600Mbps download); USB-C (v2.0); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS, GLONASS, Beidou; NFC, MST; Bluetooth 5.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader (centered, hurrah!); single speaker on the side; 3.5mm jack; Samsung Pay support; Gear VR support
The Samsung Galaxy A8 Review
Love what you see?
The Samsung A8 is available from Signal Telecom & O2, backed by a dedicated account manager, a super-friendly customer service team and technical support to help you solve those pesky problems. Call us today on 01748 835599 to see how you can get your hands on one.