With a market full of telephone system options, it can be confusing to see which is best for you & your business. So we have put together this quick guide to help you decide.
Traditional Phone System or PBX
This type of a system includes a physical exchange box on your business premises that gives you a traditional solution which operates on both a existing analogue & digital lines. This simple yet scalable option is ideal for businesses with limited connectivity, or those which want a full ownership option of a cost effective system.
- A reliable system which can be maintained from your own premises
- Regardless of the internet connection available, you can rely on making and receiving high quality crisp phone calls.
- On top of the system cost, traditional phone systems, will incur additional call charges.
- To ensure its reliability, it is advised that maintenance is carried out on your system – which comes at an additional cost.
- Less traditional systems are being sold – so trying to source maintenance and perform repairs can be difficult
- By 2025, traditional ISDN lines will be unsupported – meaning a traditional system would only be supported alongside SIP trunks.
Hosted VOIP System
Available on both traditional and hosted systems which have reliable connectivity, VOIP is a premium service which delivers high quality voice calls over a data connection – significantly reducing the costs of calls and reducing overheads of traditional line rentals.
- Reduced costs of calls
- Simple set up and configuration
- Flexibility – cost effective and speeds to add/remove new users as and when needed
- Reduced overheads of traditional line rentals
- Call management – if connectivity goes down it is possible to temporarily divert all calls to a mobile until the connection is back up and running
- Poor internet connection may affect the phone call quality
- Maintenance fees are required as part of the package